24 Standard Colors. Custom Colors are available.
ANDEK COLOR CHART >
WEARCOAT 44 is a solvent based cyclo-aliphatic urethane based coating. It produces a tough, glossy, hard-wearing and chemically resistant surface for the protection of polyurethane and other plastics, concrete, masonry and brickwork. WEARCOAT 44 is available as a transparent, glossy coating or as a pigmented material that possesses excellent hydrolytic stability and ultra-violet radiation resistance as well as high tensile strength.
- Provides a long service life without loss of flexibility
- Accommodates normal substrate movement and thermal stresses
- Resistant to both wet and dry abrasion and erosion
- High strength, tenacious adhesion to many surfaces
- Maintains a cleanable hygenic surface
- Increases friction to improve traction
- Protects substrates from chemical attack and corrosion
- Long term color retention, highly fade resistant
- Encapsulates broadcast aggregrates for grip enhancement
- Maintains full functionality under constant submersion
- Penetrates into concrete surfaces to seal and waterproof floors and decks, providing a solid color finish.
- Provides a tough color-fast finish on roof top decks and walkable metal roofs.
- Forms a protective surface on polyester, fibreglass and wood composite decks and stairways.
- Protects waterproof membrane systems from pedestrian and vehicular traffic
Can be used over concrete, fibreglass composites, insulation, most metals, mineral composites, wood, wood composites, rubber, plastic composites, PUF and other surfaces.
Approximate 2 coats @ 400 sq ft/gal, depending upon substrate
1 gallon, 5 gallon, 55 gallon
Two-part aliphatic urethane
Preparation and Application
All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and completely free of oil, grease, dust, and any other substance that may interfere with adhesion.
Add Part ‘B’ color concentrate to the clear Part ‘A’ and stir thoroughly for 3 minutes. WEARCOAT 44 may be applied by brush, roller or airless spray technique. Apply at a rate of 400 square feet per gallon per coat. Care must be taken to avoid creating foam or trapping air which may result in pinholes or hazing.
If traction enhancement is required, the use of vulcanized synthetic rubber granules are recommended. SoftSand Rubber from SoftPoint Industries is available in one-pint or 5-gallon containers from Andek Corporation. Available in several textures (see SoftSand Rubber data sheet), it is applied at a rate of 1 to 2 pints per 100 square feet. Broadcast or mix-in techniques may be used to achieve various levels of traction enhancement.
Utilize a 30:1 airless pump, a 3/8″ hose and a 21 tip
4 mils Dry Film Thickness (DFT) per coat
3 hours @ 70°F (50% R.H.)
1.5 hours @ 70°F (50% R.H.)
24 hours @ 70°F (50% R.H.)
Tools and equipment may be cleaned with xylene.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Avoid opened containers as moisture will cure the material. Do not apply in temperatures below 35°F. Application must be protected from precipitation for at least 4 hours. Shelf life is 12 months when stored in factory sealed containers between 45°F and 85°F.
Read the container label warning and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for important health and safety information prior to the use of this product.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS
For additional information, contact the Andek Technical Department
|Flashpoint||110°F||FTMS 141A (M4293)|
|Shore ‘A’ Hardness||95||ASTM D-2240|
|Water Absorption||Zero||ASTM D-570-77|
|Impact Resistance||4mm indentation – PASS||ASTM D-1474|
|Solids Content||48% (B.W.); 44% (B.V.)||ASTM D-1044|
|Tensile Strength||4,500 psi||ASTM D-412|
|Low Temperature Flexibility||180 deg. Bend @ 20°F||ASTM C-711|
|Resistance to corrosion
||5,000 hours – PASS||ASTM G-23|