ROOFDX GOLD is an extremely tough, rubber-like, waterproofing coating that has a stunning golden finish with exceptional elasticity. This remarkable “liquid gold” coating can be used over all common roofing substrates and will give a golden, metallic, rich luster to the roof at a fraction of the cost of gold leaf. ROOFDX GOLD may be sealed with a topcoat of CLEARCOAT 44 to provide an extra shiny, brilliant appearance and preserve the bright finish otherwise a natural patina will develop in time.
- Provides an antique golden finish.
- Protects substrate against rust, corrosion, UV damage, acid rain and water penetration.
- Produces a high-density, seamless elastomeric waterproof membrane for maximum durability.
- Straight forward application procedure by brush, roller or airless spray.
- Remains flexible, tough and weatherproof at low temperatures and will not flow or deform at high temperatures.
- Without clearcoating, the finish may be accelerated to form an attractive, bronze statuary appearance.
- Will provide an appropriate substrate for future gold leafing.
- May be used on vertical, pitched and horizontal surfaces and withstands ponding water.
- Can easily be recoated at any time for repairs for lifetime extension.
- Ten year material warranty that may be extended with re-coating.
Can be used over most metals, copper, rubber, concrete, modified bitumen, asphalt BUR, masonry, slate/tile, wood, and other approved surfaces
Approximate 33 to 50 sq ft/gal, depending upon substrate
1 gallon, 5 gallon
Preparation and Application
Surfaces must be dry, free of dirt, loose debris, oils, grease or any substance that could interfere with adhesion. Do not apply if the substrate or air temperature is predicted to drop below 35°F (2°C) within 4 hours after application. The application surface must remain at least 5°F (3°C) above dew point during the application and curing process.
Do not apply ROOFDX GOLD to wet, damp, or frozen surfaces. Do not apply if the area cannot be protected from precipitation for at least 4 hours after application. ROOFDX GOLD is applied directly out of the container after at least 2 minutes of low speed drill stirring. Do not thin the product. Apply in 2 coats using a soft brush, medium nap roller, or airless sprayer in a smooth, even technique.
For spray application use 30:1 airless pump, 3/8″ short hose and 33 to 37 tip
20 mils Dry Film Thickness (DFT)
Approximately 3 hours at 70°F (21°C) and 70% RH.
Clean tools and equipment with xylene or toluene solvent.
Store in a dry area and protect from direct sunlight and freezing. Keep container tightly sealed. Shelf life is 2 years from date of manufacture when stored in a factory sealed container between 45ºF (7ºC) and 90ºF (32ºC).
Waste disposal must be in accordance with existing federal, state and local environmental control laws. Incineration is the preferred method of disposal.
Read the container label warning and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for important health and safety information prior to the use of this product.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS
For additional information, contact the Andek Technical Department
|VOC||350 gms/liter||ASTM D-1044|
|Moisture Vapor Transmission
||0.12 gms/M2/24 hours (0.01 perms)||ASTM E-96|
|Tensile Strength||700 psi||ASTM D-412|
|Elongation at Break||300%||ASTM D-412|
|Flexibility at Low Temperature||180 deg. bend @ 20°F||ASTM C-711|
|Shore ‘A’ Hardness||65||ASTM D-2240|
|Solids Content||69% (B.W.); 55% (B.V.)||ASTM D-1044|
|Viscosity Average @ 70°F||4,500 cps||ASTM D-446|
|Impact Resistance 4mm Indent.||No cracking or loss of adhesion||ASTM D-1474|