PDF FORMS: DATA SHEET, SDS
24 Standard Colors. Custom Colors are available.
ANDEK COLORS CHART >
NW ‘Z’ GRADE is a premium quality single component waterproofing coating for concrete decks, walkways, and stairways. It is also used on steel, fiberglass, and wood decks. It is solvent-based and may be applied in any temperature range. NW ‘Z’ GRADE is designed for permanent flexibility and toughness, abrasion resistance, and to bridge and move with hairline cracks, and to resist impingement attack. It may be used in marine or industrial situations and in constant submersion conditions.
- Tough and abrasion resistant
- Its dense molecular network provides a resilient barrier
- Its elastomeric properties allow it to expand and contract with the substrate
- Has good flexibility at low temperatures, maintains its strength at higher temperatures
- Easy to apply and user friendly to insure high quality results
- Will not attract insects, birds, reptiles or vermin
- Tested and validated by the Sealant Waterproofing and Restoration Institute for Priority Performance in a Deck Coating System
- Restores the surface of fiberglass water slides and exterior GRP fabrications.
- Waterproofs planters and landscaped concrete areas.
- Restore fiberglass decks
- Reline decorative water fountains
Can be used over concrete, fibreglass composites, insulation, most metals, mineral composites, wood, wood composites, rubber, plastic composites and other surfaces.
Approximate 2 gallons/100 sq ft, depending upon substrate
1 gallon, 5 gallon, 55 gallon
Preparation and Application
Surfaces must be dry, free of dirt or loose debris, and free of oil, grease, or any substance that would interfere with adhesion. All repairs of damage or defects must be made prior to product application.
NW ‘Z’ GRADE is applied straight out of the can after 2 minutes of gentle low speed mixing or stirring. Apply the product using brush, roller, or spray technique. Apply NW ‘Z’ GRADE in a smooth, even fashion to achieve a uniform coating thickness 2 coats. Allow sufficient ventilation to promote thorough drying between coats and before service. Drying time in well ventilated circumstances is 12 hours at 70°F (50% R.H.) for 16 mils wet film thickness.
NW ‘Z’ GRADE should be used with the following equipment specifications: ratio 30:1 or 40:1 and a #35 or larger tip.
Clean tools and equipment with xylene or toluene solvents.
Do not apply to wet or frozen surfaces that are saturated with moisture. Proper surface preparation is important to product performance. Shelf life is 24 months in unopened cans stored indoors. This product is flammable. Keep away from sources of heat, sparks, and flames. Use only EP rated equipment.
Read the container label warning and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for important health and safety information prior to the use of this product.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS
For additional information, contact the Andek Technical Department
|Moisture Vapor Transmission
||55% (B.W.); 53% (B.V.)
||105°F (Closed Cup)
||FTMS 141A (M4293)
|Shore ‘A’ Hardness
|Weatherometer (5000 hours)
|Low Temperature Flexibility
|180° bend (10°F)
||Approx. 9 lb/gallon
||Approx. 15,000 cps