CLEARCOAT AQ is a single component, waterborne aliphatic urethane that produces a clear, tough, protective gloss coating. It has excellent adhesion properties and produces a film that is hard, flexible, and chemically resistant. CLEARCOAT AQ has excellent resistance to UV, abrasion, oxidation, humidity, impact and solvents.
- Adheres to most substrates, quickly and permanently
- Protects against wear, weather, and chemical attack
- Has low toxidity and meets all VOC regulations
- Saves time and labor; easy to handle
- Produces a film that is hard, flexible, and chemically resistant
- Is exceptionally tough, durable, and crack resistant
- Protects surfaces in food preparation areas where incidental food contact may occur.
- Creates an impermeable surface on insulated floors and walls in food storage areas to prevent moisture vapor and gas transmission.
- Prevents gasoline damage to polystyrene buoancy floats on docks and piers.
- Allows easier cleaning of surfaces in mushroom houses and germination trays.
- Seals the surfaces of composite rubber flooring tiles.
Can be used over concrete, insulation, mineral composites, wood, wood composites, rubber, plastic composites, slate, tile, PUF, gypsum, bitumenous and other surfaces.
Approximate 200 – 300 sq ft/gal, depending upon substrate
1 gallon, 5 gallon
Waterborne aliphatic urethane
Preparation and Application
Substrate must be sound and free of loose debris, oil, grease, or any substance that could interfere with adhesion.
Stir before use with low speed mixing—DO NOT ENTRAIN AIR DURING MIXING. Apply using brush or airless spray technique. Try to apply CLEARCOAT AQ evenly to avoid runs or voids. Apply in 1 or 2 coats at a rate of 3-5 wet mils per coat. Coverage will vary depending on substrate porosity. Allow to fully dry (approximately 2-7 hours, depending on weather conditions) before work continues.
For spray applications, use a 30:1 ratio Graco with a #21 tip or similar equipment.
2 coats yield 30 mils Dry Film Thickness (DFT)
Clean tools and equipment with water or soapy water before drying.
Do not apply to frozen substrates. Do not apply if the temperature falls below 40°F. Avoid applying product in direct sunlight on very hot days. Protect from precipitation for at least 4 hours after application.
Read the container label warning and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for important health and safety information prior to the use of this product.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS
For additional information, contact the Andek Technical Department