CLEARCOAT 66 is a clear single component, moisture cure, aliphatic urethane coating. It produces a tough, glossy, hard wearing and chemically resistant surface. CLEARCOAT 66 may be used alone as a tough gloss coat over concrete, wood, fiberglass composite, or other approved substrates. CLEARCOAT 66 will encapsulate most aggregates including sharp, angular types used for traction enhancement. Surfaces treated with CLEARCOAT 66 maintain an attractive, colorful appearance that may be easily cleaned and remain functionally waterproof.
- Cured film is flexible, tough and abrasion resistant
- Provides long-lasting protection and surface appearance
- Will encapsulate rough, angular aggregates
- Protects and enhances the appearance of colored aggregates
- Has fast setting properties and rapid strength build
- User friendly, fast application, reduces downtime
- Will not discolor or degrade under UV radiation
- Will accommodate movement as well as resist abrasion and wear
- Highly resistant to staining and deterioration from most chemicals
- Encapsulates rough, angular aggregrates to form highly traction enhanced surfaces on floors in constantly wet processing areas such as breweries, car washes, etc.
- Produces a waterproof, high-grip finish when combined with vulcanized rubber granules around swimming pools.
- Seals mineral composites in zoological diaramas for marine reptiles and mammals.
- Will seal non-potable cisterns and impluviums without leaching anything anything obnoxoius into the water.
Can be used over concrete, fiberglass composite, insulation, most metals, mineral composites, wood, wood composites, rubber, plastic composites, slate, tile and other surfaces.
Normal: Approximate 2 coats @ 400 sq ft/gal per coat, depending upon substrate
With Course Aggregate: Approximate 2 coats @ 300 sq ft/gal per coat, depending upon substrate
1 gallon, 5 gallon
Preparation and Application
Surfaces must be dry, free of dirt, loose debris, oils, grease or any substance that could interfere with adhesion. Do not apply if the substrate or air temperature is predicted to drop below 35°F (2°C) within 4 hours after application. The application surface must remain at least 5°F (3°C) above dew point during the application and curing process.
Do not apply Clearcoat 66 to wet, damp, or frozen surfaces. Do not apply if the area cannot be protected from precipitation for at least 4 hours after application.
CLEARCOAT 66 may be applied by brush or roller, in a thin, even coat. Care should be taken to avoid creating foam or trapping air bubbles which may later result in pinholes or hazing. Do not thin the product.
If traction enhancement is required, the use of synthetic resin aggregate is recommended. Aspergrit from SoftPoint Industries is available in one-pint containers from Andek Corporation. This transparent grit aggregate remains close to the surface to create maximum effective traction and is completely transparent. It is applied at a rate of up to 1 pint per 100 square feet using broadcast technique.
3 mils Dry Film Thickness (DFT)
Approximately 1.5 hours at 70°F (21°C) and 50% RH.
Approximately 24 hours at 70°F (21°C) and 50% RH.
Clean tools and equipment with xylene or toluene solvent while the CLEARCOAT 66 is still wet
Store in a dry area and protect from direct sunlight and freezing. Keep container tightly sealed. Shelf life is 1 year from date of manufacture when stored in a factory sealed container between 45ºF (7ºC) and 90ºF (32ºC).
Waste disposal must be in accordance with existing federal, state and local environmental control laws. Incineration is the preferred method of disposal.
Read the container label warning and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for important health and safety information prior to the use of this product.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS
For additional information, contact the Andek Technical Department
|Resistance to Corrosion||10||ASTM D-1654|
|Shore ‘A’ Hardness||95||ASTM D-2240|
|Tensile Strength||4,000 lb/square inch||ASTM D-412|
|Solids Content||72% (B.W.); 66% (B.V.)||ASTM D-1044|
|Flexibility @ Low Temperatures
||180 deg. Bend @ 20°F||ASTM C-711|
||4 mm indent. Pass||ASTM D-1474|
|Water Absorption||Zero||ASTM D570-77|
|Weatherometer (5000 hours)||Pass||ASTM G-23|