CLEARCOAT 44 is a single component, moisture cure, aliphatic clear urethane coating. It produces a tough, glossy, hard wearing and chemically resistant surface. CLEARCOAT 44 may be used alone as a clear, tough gloss coat over masonry, concrete, vinyl, wood, or other approved substrates. If specified, a range of textured aggregates is available to provide a traction enhanced surface. CLEARCOAT 44 was tested for conformance to industrial standards to meet the approval of the Sealant Waterproofing and Restoration Institute (SWR Institute). This product was validated using third party verification to certify that it performed above industry standards. CLEARCOAT 44 is also used over bright metal surfaces to maintain their appearance and prevent tarnishing
- May be used over concrete, wood, masonry, vinyl, bright metals and other approved surfaces
- Produces a fully adhered, seamless, high density, clear urethane coating
- Will not discolor or degrade under UV radiation
- Protects your investment by increasing the effective service life of the substrate
- Reduces dusting and is salt & chemical resistant
- May be applied by brush, roller or airless spray
- Resists penetration by oils, fuels and process fluids
- Sets quickly and develops strength rapidly
- Accommodates rubber tire mounted vehicular traffic
- Scrubbable and easy to clean
- Provides long term resistance to wear and abrasion
- Ideal for horizontal, pitched and vertical surfaces
- Remains tough and flexible at low temperatures
- Single component formula means no measuring or mixing
- Warrantied for 5 years
- Encapsulates colored aggregrates to form a waterproof surface coating of stairways, walkways and balconies.
- Seals broadcast aggregrates on boat decks, dock surfaces and gangways.
- Waterproofs, protects and encapsulates tiles, pavers and synthetic or natural composite flooring.
Can be used over concrete, fibreglass composite, insulation, most metals, mineral composites, wood, wood composites, rubber, plastic composites, slate, tile and other surfaces.
Approximate 250 sq ft/gal, depending upon substrate
1 gallon, 5 gallon
Preparation and Application
Surfaces must be dry, free of dirt, loose debris, oils, grease or any substance that could interfere with adhesion. Do not apply if the substrate or air temperature is predicted to drop below 35°F (2°C) within 4 hours after application. The application surface must remain at least 5°F (3°C) above dew point during the application and curing process.
Do not apply Clearcoat 44 to wet, damp, or frozen surfaces. Do not apply if the area cannot be protected from precipitation for at least 4 hours after application. Do not thin the product. Clearcoat 44 may be applied by soft brush or airless sprayer in a smooth, even technique. Care should be taken to avoid creating foam or trapping air bubbles which may later result in pinholes or hazing.
Utilize a 30:1 airless pump, a 3/8″ hose and a 21 tip
3 mils Dry Film Thickness (DFT)
Approximately 1.5 hours at 70°F (21°C) and 50% RH
Approximately 24 hours at 70°F (21°C) and 50% RH
Equipment may be cleaned with xylene or toluene while the CLEARCOAT 44 is still wet
Store in a dry area and protect from direct sunlight and freezing. Keep container tightly sealed. Shelf life is 1 year from date of manufacture when stored in a factory sealed container between 45ºF (7ºC) and 90ºF (32ºC).
Waste disposal must be in accordance with existing federal, state and local environmental control laws. Incineration is the preferred method of disposal.
Read the container label warning and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for important health and safety information prior to the use of this product.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS
For additional information, contact the Andek Technical Department
|Shore ‘A’ Hardness||95||ASTM D-2240|
|Water Absorption||Zero||ASTM D-570-77|
|Impact Resistance||4mm indentation – PASS||ASTM D-1474|
|Solids Content||48% (B.W.); 44% (B.V.)||ASTM D-1044|
||105° F||FTMS 141A (M4293)|
|Tensile Strength||4,000 psi||ASTM D-412|
|Low Temperature Flexibility
||180 deg. Bend @ 20°F||ASTM C-711|